I had a baby almost five months ago! Scarlett is beautiful and amazing, but having her did a number on my body. The week I got pregnant, I weighed 207 lbs. and the day I had her, I weighed 254 lbs. I gave birth via c-section because I had an emergency c-section when I had my son 9 years ago.
After my second c-section, my core was practically non-existent, and I only breast fed for three weeks, so I couldn’t count on nursing to get rid of the fat for me—I did lose 27 lbs. in the first week, though. My sister is a Beachbody coach, and she was doing the T-25 workouts so I started doing the workouts and drinking the Shakeology shakes.
I began on December 19, 2013 and I’ve been tracking my progress. See the picture below.
I’m already 4 lbs. away from my pre-pregnancy weight! Well, here are my measurements and weight from December 19, 2013 to today. With a combination of the T-25 workouts, the shakes, and healthy eating, I’ve lost 15 lbs since December and 43 lbs. since I had Scarlett.
Here are some easy changes I made at home:
- · I’ve incorporated more tofu, it’s delicious and nutritious (yeah, that rhymes)
- · I stopped buying juice. My son isn’t too happy, but he is drinking a whole lot more water.
- · I use my oven for like every meal, and if I don’t, I used extra virgin olive oil or canola oil.
- · Flaxseeds, ‘nuff said.
- · More vegetables, less rice.
- · I’ve always done this, but I just keep doing it: about half a gallon or more of water a day.
Also, when it’s warm out, I walk, I play baseball, football, tennis, and I like to swim.
I’m so excited to see results, and I can’t wait to reach my end goal of 190 lbs.
Well, that’s that. Stay tuned for your next slice of genius.