Good evening! So, after much hesitation, I finally decided to start blogging! Before my first official post, let me tell you who I am and what to expect from “Slice of Genius”.
Who Am I?
I’m Jessica, Jess if you’re comfortable, and I am the 26 year old single mother of a 9 year old boy and an infant girl. I am a graduate student, majoring in English Literature, concentrating on 19th century British Literature. My ultimate goal, what I really, really, really want to be when I grow up (I kid, I’ve been a grown up for a decade) is a college professor and novelist.
What to Expect from My Blog
- I love to cook! I’m a nurturer, and I believe that one of the best ways to love people is to feed them. I love to find new recipes and make them my own, so expect some of that.
- I just had a baby three and a half months ago, so I’m really trying to get back to my pre-pregnancy body, I’m on a weight-loss journey, so prepare to ride shotgun!
- My kids are my life, and being Mom and Dad to two children is amazingly chaotic. There will be parenting posts!
- Books, books, books. There will be books in some way.
- I love wine, and I try to explore wines from all over the world (Mostly Chile). I make a point of buying a wine I’ve never had every time I buy a wine I’ve had before.Stay tuned for that.
- Crafts. Crochet, DIY, repurpose, etc.
- NYC in the warm weather. I live in Northern NJ, and NYC is the best neighbor to have. I have the schedules to every museum, aquarium, garden, park, you name it, and there will be posts about the greatest city in this here U-S-of-A.
- Anything else that comes up.
So, stay tuned for your next slice of genius.